Wireless Breast Pumps of 2022 – Our Top Picks
Wireless breast pumps are synonymous with Convenience for Moms.
Having to deal with wires while breastfeeding can be pretty overwhelming and disturbing.
Asides from the fact that it is convenient, it is a good option for working moms either in an office environment, at home doing a chore, or working from home. Wireless breast pumps are basically the best option for Moms!
We understand that there are different things to consider before getting a wireless breast pump, and there are many choices to choose from, that is why we came up with this list of the best wireless breast pumps on the market.
Our Top 5 Best Wireless Breast Pumps
Best Wearable Wireless Breast Pump – Willow Wearable Breast Pump
Most Portable Wireless Breast Pump – Medela Freestyle Flex Breast Pump
Best Manual Wireless Breast Pump – Haakaa Manual Breast Pump
Most Customizable Wireless Breast Pump – Freemie Liberty
Most affordable Wireless Breast Pump – Momcozy
What are Wireless Pumps?
As the name implies, wireless breast pumps are pumps that do not have wires or cords, which means you do not have to sit in one place with the pump plugged into a wall or outlet.
Are Wireless Pumps hands-free?
Although wireless pumps are cordless and do not require you to sit in one place, they are not all hands-free breast pumps. S
wireless pumps require moms to hold the pump against their breast, which means they are not entirely hands-free.
The following are advantages of a Wireless Breast Pump
The primary advantage of Wireless breast pumps is the ability to pump on the go and multi-task. Perhaps you are thinking Do I need a wireless breast pump?
Let us consider the benefits of wireless breast pumps according to moms:
- It is useful for pumping in workplaces or any public place where you can not access an electric outlet easily.
- Some wireless breast pumps allow you to multi-task
- Freedom; staying glued to a wall while pumping can make you feel restricted
- Stay-at-home Moms with older kids would benefit from the wireless pumps as it allows them to do other things while pumping.
- Wireless pumps save time.
Factors to consider when buying a Wireless Breast Pump
You do not want to buy a wireless pump that is not suitable for you, and yes, we do not want you to buy one that will not suit your needs. Here are things to consider when buying a wireless breast pump:
- Price: Wireless pumps tend to be more expensive than breast pumps that need you to pump while being plugged into an outlet. Most of these pumps have custom milk storage bags or parts that are more expensive than the other ones on the market, which makes it more expensive than other pumps in the long run. It is better to know all the details and consider your budget before buying any.
- Portability: Though not all wireless pumps are hands-free pumps, you might need to consider wireless hands-free pumps if you want a breast pump that will allow you to multi-task effectively.
- Single or Double Pumps: This depends on your budget, double wireless pumps are more expensive than single pumps. It also depends on the volume of milk you want to pump simultaneously. Double pumps save time as you pump at the same time.
- Discretion: This covers the noise and visibility of the pump, while some pumps allow moms to pump without making much noise, some others make noise which removes the option of pumping discretely. Breast pumps that are not visible allow pumping in public.
- Efficiency: You can’t compare wireless pumps with hospital-grade pumps, but if you need something that will work effectively, then you should check the suction level of the wireless pump.
- Size: This is not about your breast size in particular but your nipple size. Be sure to check for the sizing chart and take the one that fits you because some brands may not accept refunds.
Best Wearable Wireless Breast Pump- Willow Wearable Breast Pump
Willow is not just cord-free but also hands-free!
This breast pump has a compact, sleek design that makes pumping easy for moms who want to live their lives away from outlets and multi-task.
It has a sleek design and is more expensive than other wireless pumps.
The pump has a good battery life as one full charge gets you five pumping sessions. It connects to an app and doesn’t require much work on your end.
The Willow breast pump has two phases: stimulation and expression — and it automatically switches between modes when it detects a let-down.
Willow has an app that helps you track the volume of milk and pumping sessions. Life just got easier!
- Sleek design
- Portable Breast pump
- The battery life is good – One full charge allows you to pump for five sessions
- It has a compatible app for tracking
- Pricier than other pumps
- The app is not always accurate.
Portable Wireless Breast Pumps – Medela Freestyle Flex Breast Pump
One thing we love about the Medela Freestyle Flex is its lightweight!
This makes it portable and very handy. It has backlights which makes night pumping easier.
The medela Flex connects to an app, which allows you to track your pumping sessions though oy does not track the volume of milk pumped.
The pumping is not fully discreet, but it is quieter than some other pumps. A full charge lasts for 2 hours.
The Freestyle Flex has a 2-phase expression (stimulation and expression) and a let-down button that allows you to customize your comfort.
Cleaning the Freestyle Flex parts is very simple. It has just three parts to separate (asides from the bottle and lids): the shield, the membrane, and the connector.
They are separated easily, and putting them back together is also easy. Apart from the tubing, the parts are dishwasher safe.
- Good battery life
- Lightweight and Portable Breast Pump
- Simple to use and clean
- Vacuum strength is adjustable
- Gentle suction
- It needs a special bra to be hands-free.
- It cannot be hidden under clothes.
- You can not adjust the speed and suction level.
Best Manual wireless pump – Haakaa Manual Breast Pump
When it comes to manual breast pumps, then Haakaa is a good option. It is not complex as you do not have to deal with tech-related stuff.
It is a simple silicone suction cup that pumps as suction releases. You just have to squeeze it, attach it to your breast and let go.
It is lightweight, affordable, and easy to clean. Because it is wireless and tube-less, you can easily toss it in your bag and take it wherever you go.
- It can be operated easily.
- Requires no batteries or charge
- Lightweight and Affordable
- It does not pump effectively, so you can’t use it to cater to your full-time pumping needs
- It is not hands-free
Best Discrete Breast Pump- Elvie Pump
The Elvie is a discrete pump suitable for moms that love to pump anywhere without anyone noticing.
With the Elvie, you can pump anywhere and at any time. It switches from stimulation to expression mode by automatically detecting.
It is easy to assemble and clean and requires no wires or outlets to start. The free app gives you information about your pumping sessions and milk production.
You can control the Elvie breast pump remotely online…Talk about EASY! The Elvie can be tucked into your regular bra and allow you to pump on the Go! It is easy to assemble and use, and all the parts are dishwasher-safe except the hub.
- Whisper quiet
- Can be controlled remotely
- The free app that helps you track your pumping information
- It can be visible through clothing
- Pricier than other pumps
Best Customizable Wireless Breast Pump – Freemie Liberty Hands-Free Breast Pump
Freemie Liberty is a lightweight, portable, quiet hands-free wireless pump. It has customizable features like the memory feature that allows you to save your favorite setting.
It allows you to save up to 3 different pump settings. Freemie comes with a built-in backflow protector inside the collection cups that prevents milk from going up to the tubes.
Another customizable feature is the programmable shut-off timer with an interval of 5 minutes. Some other pumps are set to switch off after 30 minutes automatically.
With Freemie Liberty, you can set the timer in 5 minutes increment, from 5 to 40 minutes. This is a great option for you if you are busy with other stuff!
- Portable and lightweight
- Good suction power
- Quiet pumping session
- Milk collects in cups
- Freemie flange sizes are only available up to 28mm
- It lacks let-down mode
Most Affordable Wireless Breast Pump – Momcozy Breast Pump
Momcozy double wearable pump is a closed system, comfortable hands-free wireless breast pump that is budget-friendly.
Affordability is the biggest pro of this breast pump. It allows for mobility while you pump without dealing with pump parts and bottles hanging off of your chest.
Momcozy comes with silicone breast shields, which some moms find very comfortable. It has massage and let-down modes.
The suction has five adjustable levels, a memory function, and 20 minutes automatic shut-off timer.
It comes with a USB charger that allows you to recharge with a car USB, laptop, or power bank.
- The USB charger allows you to recharge easily
- The closed system ensures that milk doesn’t flow back to other pump parts.
- Pumps are large on top of the cups, which may affect the discretion
- Not completely leakproof
- Short warranty period
Wireless breast pumps are convenient for use on the go, and they allow moms to multi-task.
It is clear that this is a big decision for you, wireless breast pumps are pricier than other pumps (though some are covered by insurance, y
should check in with your insurance provider for clarity), but they have advantages over different types of pumps.
We hope this detailed insight on wireless breast pumps helps you to make your decision.