30 Uplifting Rainbow Baby Quotes for Grieving Parents
Sometimes you need rainbow baby quotes to get you through those days you feel down.
I know you can relate to the fact that the journey to have a rainbow baby is quite challenging. It is scary as well – the process of conceiving again, scheduling your first appointment with your doctor, scans, etc.
In addition, getting scared or even expecting another miscarriage, stillbirth, or loss is inevitable.
But you can look for ways as parents to make your pregnancy journey after a loss easier.
One of the ways to cope and enjoy your little rainbow baby (fetus or newborn) is to go through inspiring and uplifting rainbow baby quotes.
These quotes can give you hope and the strength you need to be grateful for your new blessing(s) and encourage you to stay positive.
I compiled 30 uplifting rainbow baby quotes to give you strength and hope during and after your pregnancy.
What Does Rainbow Baby Mean?
Simply put, a rainbow baby is a healthy baby born after a miscarriage, stillbirth, infant loss or neonatal death.
They get the name “rainbow babies” because they brighten the day after a dark storm. And this doesn’t mean that you have forgotten about or replaced your lost child or angel baby.
I wrote a detailed article on a rainbow baby, announcements, and gifts ideas in a previous post. You can check it out!
Top 30 Rainbow Baby Quotes
My Personal Rainbow Baby Quotes
It wasn’t easy coping with the feeling of unexpectedly losing a pregnancy. Behind my smile was grief, anxiety, and the fear of the unknown.
Luckily, one of the ways I coped with my funny feeling, especially after realizing that I was expecting a rainbow baby, was to get through rainbow baby quotes.
See some of the quotes about a rainbow baby that helped me personally. They always remind me of my inner strength, give me hope and uplift my troubled spirit.
- “Rainbows remind us that even after the darkest clouds, and the fiercest winds, there is still beauty.” – Katrina Mayer
(Katrina Mayer is a writer, ordained interfaith minister, motivational speaker, and corporate executive)
2. “Have faith in your dreams, and someday your rainbow will come shining through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton.
(Gilbert K. Chesterton A.K.A “prince of paradox” was an English writer, art critic and literary, philosopher, and lay theologian).
3. “It’s okay to feel overwhelmed with emotions by the birth of your rainbow baby. You can feel saddened by your loss and overjoyed by your little miracle. You are allowed to feel both.” – Anonymous.
4. “I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.” – Philippians 4:13
5. “The pain you have been feeling can’t compare to the joy that is coming.” – Romans 8:18
6. “They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast in trusting the Lord.” – Psalm 112:7
Uplifting Quotes from the Bible
These biblical rainbow baby quotes are for you if you are a devoted Christian. The scripture provides all you need to uplight your troubled spirits, comfort you, and give hope and assurance.
7. “Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.” – Corinthians 13:7-8
8. “He has made everything beautiful in his time.” – Ecclesiastes 3:11
9. “For this child, we have prayed.” – Samuel 1:27-28.
10. “I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.” – Genesis 9:13
11. “Whenever I bring clouds over the earth, the rainbow appears in the clouds.” – Genesis 9:14
12. “Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.” – Genesis 9:16
13. “Yes, this rainbow is the sign of the covenant I am confirming with all the creatures on earth.” – Genesis 9:17
14. “Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him.” – Ezekiel 1:2
Short and Sweet Rainbow Baby Quotes
15. “If you want the rainbow, you got to put up with the rain.” – Dolly Parton
16. “You are the rainbow that adds colours to my gray skies.” – Avijeet Das
17. “Dreams really do come true, my sweet rainbow baby, I’ve been waiting for you.” – Anonymous
18. “Through the darkness comes the light, and you, my rainbow baby, shine oh so bright.” – Anonymous
19. “When I look at my rainbow baby, I know a little bit of heaven is looking back at me.” – Anonymous
20. “We needed something to express our joy, our beauty, our power. And the rainbow did that.” – Gilbert Baker.
Literary Rainbow Baby Quotes
21. “When we lose one blessing, another is most often unexpectedly given in its place.” – C.S. Lewis.
22. “Everyone wants happiness, no one wants pain, but you can’t have a rainbow without a little rain.” – Zion Lee.
23. “You’ll never find a rainbow if you’re looking down.” – Charlie Chaplin
Rainbow Baby Quotes From Poems
24. “Oh, God of Dust and Rainbows, Help us to see, That without the dust the rainbow, Would not be.” – Langston Hughes.
25. “Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with a prophetic ray.” – Lord Byron
26. “Walk on a rainbow trail; walk on a trail of song, and all about you will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a rainbow trail.” – Robert Motherwell.
27. “My heart is like a rainbow shell, That paddles in a halcyon sea; My heart is gladder than all these, Because my love is come to me.” – Christina Rossetti.
Rainbow Baby Quotes for Inspiration
28. “Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue. And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true.” – Yip Harburg.
29. “Without darkness, nothing comes to birth, as without light, nothing flowers.” – May Sarton.
30. “As you danced in the light with joy, love lifted you. As you brushed against this world so gently, you lifted us.” – T.C. Ring.
Best Ways to Use Quotes about Rainbow Babies?
You can use quotes about rainbow babies in many different ways, such as:
- Daily positive affirmation
- Nursery and home decor printables or canvas artwork
- Rainbow baby announcements
- Self-help meditation techniques to stay hopeful
It doesn’t matter if you’re navigating a difficult path or decorating a nursery; rainbow baby quotes can make a meaningful difference.
Did These Quotes Help Out?
The successful pregnancy or birth of a rainbow baby provides an opportunity for comfort, hope, encouragement, and upliftment.
You get to connect with life again. However, it does not mean the memory you had of your angel baby will wipe out.
Instead, welcoming a rainbow baby helps you accept loss and life.
Additionally, our past experiences strengthen us to better care for our future children.
With proper health and care, families can give a happy life to their little ones.
I hope these top 30 rainbow baby quotes can help you focus on the present and heal from the past. Having a rainbow baby is a gift!
They are delicate and need extra care, love, and attention.
In the comment section below, I’d like to know the rainbow baby quotes that are your favorite and why.
- 100 Inspirational Quotes about Life and Struggles
- 30 Thoughtful Miscarriage Gifts That Shows You Care 2022
- National Rainbow Baby Day 2022: Celebrating National Rainbow Baby Day
- Rainbow Baby – What to Know about These Miracle Babies