12 Best Baby Wraps and Slings of 2022
Baby Wraps and Slings gives parents the opportunity to bond with their babies, multi-task, engage in other activities with their babies, and enjoy parenthood. They are essential for babies. They allow your baby to snuggle unto your body, giving them the skin contact they need. While this seems to be an old practice, it is still used by mothers today because asides from the fact that it helps your baby snuggle to your body, baby wraps and slings keep your baby calm and cozy and allows you to keep your baby safe. At the same time, you get on with your daily activities.
Baby wraps are often parents’ first choice because of the Wrap comfortability, versatility, and lightweight. We have listed the top 10 baby wraps and slings.
Top 12 Baby Wraps and Slings
- Best Overall Baby Wrap and Sling – Boba Wrap
- Most Versatile -LÍLLÉbaby Dragonfly Wrap Ergonomic Baby Wrap Carrier for Newborns & Infants
- Best Ergonomic Baby Wrap – Ergobaby Baby Carrier Wrap
- Best All in One Baby Wrap – KeaBabies Baby Wrap Carrier – All in 1 Stretchy Baby Sling
- Best User-friendly – Momcozy Baby Wrap Carrier Slings
- Best Wrap for Newborns – Solly Baby Wrap | Orion | Baby Carrier | Luxury Newborn
- Most Comfortable – Nalakai Ring Sling Baby Carrier – Luxury Bamboo and Linen Baby Sling – Baby Wrap
- Best Budget-Friendly – Acrabros Baby Wrap Carrier
- Best Organic Baby Wraps & Slings – Baby K’tan Original Baby Wrap Carrier, Infant and Child Sling
- Best Baby Wrap for Plus Size Moms – Boppy ComfyFit Baby Carrier
- Best babywearing shirt for Dads – DadWare Bondaroo Skin to Skin Kangaroo Care Bonding tee Shirt for New New Dad
- Best babywearing shirt for Moms – Moby Bump & Beyond T-Shirt Wrap
Best Overall Baby Wrap and Sling – Boba Wrap
One of the things we love about the Boba wrap is how it stretches, making it an excellent fit for every mom, including plus-size moms. This baby wrap is made from soft and breathable cotton that keeps your baby cozy and comfy. The spandex material makes it stretchy and durable to avoid any snags with use. It is safe for your baby till they reach 35 pounds. Boba wrap can be used immediately after birth and beyond. It comes in a wide variety of colors,
- Boba wrap is Hands-free
- Every Boba wrap fits any size.
- Made of 95% Cotton and 5% Spandex
- Provides Ergonomic Seat to keep your baby in the correct posture for healthy hip development.
- Customer support with the babywearing education team is kind and knowledgeable, and ready to help. We stand by our product 100%.
- The weight limit is 35 pounds.
- Product Dimensions : 6 x 6 x 11.5 inches
- Machine washable
- Very stretchy fabric
- It can be used for babies up to 35 pounds
- Easy to tie
- Provides ergonomic seat for your baby
- The slight learning curve to tying
- Can get a little warm
- Limited carrying options
Price: $44.99 – Shop it on Amazon
Most Versatile -LÍLLÉbaby Dragonfly Wrap Ergonomic Baby Wrap Carrier for Newborns & Infants
Lillebaby Dragonfly is a stylish, breathable, and soft baby wrap. It has a pared-back design and ergonomic back panel that provides support to your baby. The Wrap is pre-wrapped, making it easy to whip on and off. It is suitable for newborns and infants between the range of 8- 30 pounds. We love the color variety, such as khaki green, blush pink, and black.
- It is pre-wrapped, which makes it ready to wear.
- It comes with an ergonomic back panel for baby support
- Made from a blend of natural fiber.
- The fabric is soft and has moisture control.
- It is machine washable for quick and easy cleaning.
- Has Adjustable side panels for comfortable hip positioning
- The weight range is between 8 and 30 pounds.
- Product Dimensions: 0.3 x 20 x 24 inches
- Stylish design
- Color variety
- Ergonomic back panel
- Soft and Breathable material
- Lightweight Baby wrap
- Weight limit
- It limits on the positions you can carry your baby.
Price: $59.99. Shop it on Amazon
Best User-friendly – Momcozy Baby Wrap Carrier Slings
Momcozy Baby wrap carrier is an adjustable wrap suitable for babies from birth to about 18 months, and nothing is more suitable for you than the basic Momcozy sling wrap baby carrier. It is perfect for newborn babies and children up to 50 lbs. The Wrap is comfortable and supportive, which will give your baby a sense of security.
- This baby wrap carrier is designed with adjustable size to suit petite to plus size moms.
- It is Ergonomically designed for babies,
- The fabric is soft, elastic, and very supportive.
- It has a great load-bearing capacity to accommodate your baby’s growth.
- It is made of 90% cotton and 10% spandex material.
- The Wrap is comfortable and breathable, soft and skin-friendly.
- Easy to wear and provides very close-fitting
- It can act as a privacy shield for breastfeeding moms
- Customer Satisfaction Guarantee.
- Soft and Breathable material
- Very sturdy
- Easy to wear
- The weight limit is high.
- Short sash
- It is not very stretchy
Best Budget-Friendly – Acrabros Baby Wrap Carrier
If you need a baby wrap that will not break the bank and give you value for your money, Acrabros is a good option. It is lightweight and soft for your baby. This baby wrap is warm and gives your newborn a womb-like hug. It supports their growth up to 35 lbs.
- Provides Support for Babies from Birth to 35 lbs.
- It is made of rayon (45%), Polyester (45%), spandex (10%)
- The Wrap is soft and comfy for babies.
- Stretchy fabric.
- both Genders can use it
- One-Size-Fits-All baby wrap
- Machine Washable
- Double-sided stitching for more durability and posture stability for a safe hip
- Strong fabric
- Super soft and comfortable.
- Breathable and machine washable fabric
- The Wrap is very long
- It is not very easy to use.
Price: $21.99. Shop it on Amazon
Best Organic Baby Wraps & Slings – Baby K’tan Original Baby Wrap Carrier, Infant and Child Sling
The K’Tan is made of 100% cotton, making it a safe option for your baby’s skin. It is ready to wear and comfortable for both mom and baby. The baby wrap is lightweight, allowing air to circulate and remove moisture.
It has a double-loop design to secure it on your body without any buckles, snaps, strings, or zippers.
- It is made of 100% natural cotton mesh.
- The Wrap offers Multiple positions for different ages (You can use it as a sling wrap for newborn babies & preemies or an upright seated carrier for newborns.
- Provides support for babies up to 35lbs
- Ready to Wear Baby Wrap
- It has a half jersey knit and a half mesh knit.
- Easy to wear
- Safely secure baby to your chest without worrying about the loosening of straps or buckles
- Comfortable for you and your child.
- Multiple positions.
- It is not a one size fits.
Best Baby Wrap for Plus Size Moms – Boppy ComfyFit Baby Carrier
This fashionable multifunctional baby wrap option gives the comfort of a traditional baby wrap with the ease of a structured carrier.
It is excellent for plus-size moms with a breathable stretch fabric to keep the baby snug and supported. The machine-washable Wrap provides shoulder comfort for moms with its padded shoulder straps and an adjustable waistband with a buckle fastening for easy wearing and pull off.
- Multifunctional design
- The weight limit is 5-20 lbs
- It is appropriate for plus-sized and petite moms.
- It has tank-top-style straps.
- A unique mesh screen acts as a nursing cover for moms to breastfeed privately and provides a cozy environment for babies.
- Machine washable Fabric
- Comfortable Wrap
- It is soft and Stretchy.
- Machine washable
- Weight limit
- it does not provide enough support
Price: $32.99. Shop it on Amazon
Best Wrap for Newborns – Solly Baby Wrap | Orion | Baby Carrier | Luxury Newborn
The Solly Baby wrap is an ultra-soft wrap which makes it a perfect suit for newborns. It folds easily into any size bag and comes in different colors and patterns. The Wrap can accommodate newborns up to 25 pounds, and it is more like moving from womb to wrap.
- The Wrap is designed to accommodate even the smallest babies with a weight limit of 25 pounds.
- They are made from 100% certified TENCEL (TM) Modal (sourced from the pulp of Austrian Beechwood trees!) and sewn in Los Angeles.
- Durable material
- Machine washable and can be tumbled dry (low heat) without wearing down
- It is one size fits all for baby carriers.
- Great for newborns
- Soft and strong fabric.
- Super comfortable
- It is machine washable and can be tumble dried.
- It takes time to mount and dismount your baby.
Price: $76.00. Shop it on Amazon
Best Ergonomic Baby Wrap – Ergobaby Baby Carrier Wrap
One of the unique things about the Ergobaby Baby wrap is its ergonomics. The Wrap is soft, stretchy, and very comfortable for you and your baby. It has a weight limit of 25 pounds, and parents want a very stretchy wrap. It is lightweight and stylish, which allows you to carry your little ones effortlessly. The Wrap gives support both to you and your carrier.
- The Minimum and maximum weight recommendation is 8 and 25 Pounds, respectively.
- The material type is rayon and is 100% viscose
- Machine washable wrap
- Compact carrier with Multiple carry modes
- It is ergonomically designed.
- It provides a supportive fit from 8 to 25 lb.
- Pul on closure
- The maximum height recommendation is 36 inches.
- Built-in carrying pouch: Folds easily into an integrated pocket for portability
- Product Dimensions: 10.43 x 6.85 x 4.88 inches
- The Wrap provides padded head and neck support.
- It makes your baby comfortable and Cozy.
- It has a supportive waist belt that distributes the baby’s weight evenly and comfortably.
- Machine washable
- Integrated pouch
- Lightweight and stretchy Wrap
- You can not tumble dry
- Not suitable for a baby less than 8lbs
Ergobaby Carrier Reviews
These are Ergobaby Carrier Reviews from Amazon.
So this Ergo is fantastic because she can face outward and see EVERYTHING. Brittany Durant
Overall it wasn’t for me. It hurt my back and shoulders despite all the padding. I did love the flap to cover the head, though. All the straps and clips were too much going on. I just wanted to whack it on and go. It said you could do the straps yourself, but reaching in such awkward places was nearly impossible. The cocoon insert was squishing my baby. However, I liked the seat insert once my son got older. – Milofeb19
We loved this carrier. We used it with the newborn insert; it was cozy and kept my little one close to me but not too restricting. It did make him a bit sweaty on a hot day after a long walk. I’d say great for cooler seasons, though – Nicoley89
I find this baby carrier super easy to use and adjust. My baby is very comfy in it and falls asleep when we go for walks- Sabean.
How to use Ergobaby Carrier Front Facing
How To Clean Ergo Baby Wrap Carrier
There is an easy way to wash your ergo baby carrier to prevent the straps from tangling. These are the step by step processes:
- Buckle the straps of your baby carrier.
- Then place your baby carrier in a pillowcase and tie or zip the top closed.
- Wash in cold water gently with any detergent of your choice
- Dry on extra-low heat or air dry.
It is machine washable so that you can wash it with your machine too. Please do not use bleach or any other harsh cleaners.
Price: $21.02 – $49.99. Shop it on Amazon
Best Ring Slings of 2022
Most Comfortable – Nalakai Ring Sling Baby Carrier – Luxury Bamboo and Linen Baby Sling – Baby Wrap
Nalakai ring sling is an easy-to-wear baby carrier. A simple design made of bamboo and linen fabric. The fabric is soft, breathable, and eco-friendly, making it suitable for you, your baby, and mother earth. The baby carrier has pockets and is machine washable.
- Soft bamboo & linen.
- Comfortable Baby wrap that is gentle on baby’s skin.
- It is lightweight & silky smooth to shelter your baby as they drift to sleep gently.
- Front carry, inward-facing position
- One size fits all baby carrier
- The tail fabric can function as a nursing cover for breastfeeding.
- It has a compact fold that makes it portable.
- eco-friendly baby wrap
- The fabric is very soft and comfortable.
- Easy to use a baby carrier
- Machine washable fabric
- You may need to keep tightening because the fabric is too soft.
- It can’t be tumble-dried.
Price: $61.95. Shop it on Amazon
Best All in One Baby Wrap – KeaBabies Baby Wrap Carrier – All in 1 Stretchy Baby Sling
KeaBabies is made of a blend of cotton and spandex, making it comfortable and stretchy. The Wrap is available in 11 different colors and patterns with a weight limit of 35 pounds. It is a one-size-fits-all wrap that functions as a traditional wrap, swaddling cloth, nursing cover, and postpartum belt to support you after birth and your baby’s growth.
- It is ergonomically designed.
- The Wrap is certified by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute (IHDI) to ensure your baby’s healthy hip development.
- Made with soft, stretchy, and breathable proprietary cotton fabric
- KeaBabies Baby Wrap Carrier keeps your baby snug and secure.
- It is easy to wear
- Great for moms and dads
- It can accommodate everyone from petite to plus size.
- Hands-free baby wrap
- Very supportive Wrap.
- It is sturdy
- It makes your baby comfortable being right against your chest.
- Color variety
- The fabric may be a bit scratchy for some babies.
- Rings are sold differently.
Price: $26.96. Shop it on Amazon
Best Water Baby Sling – Biubee store Water Sling Baby Wrap Carrier for Summer Pool
Being a mom does not mean you should not be able to have fun. If you are a pool lover or want your baby to enjoy the water feel, this integrated bag design water sling baby wrap is what you need. It is Made of 100% Nylon mesh fabric which allows it to dry quickly. The Nylon Plastic Round Ring does not rust like a metallic one.
It provides a secure embrace for your baby. The straps are adjustable, making it a size that fits different adults.
- It is made of 100% Nylon mesh fabric which allows it to dry quickly.
- It is breathable and lightweight.
- The ring is a Strong Nylon Plastic Round Ring (ensure the round ring on your shoulder is not the front of the shoulder.)
- The Wrap has a Portable integrated bag design which makes it handy,
- Adjustable and functional straps
- One size fits most adults.
- It is suitable for newborns to 35 lbs, especially for water activities.
- Great for summer pools
- It comes with its bag
- Dries quickly
- Plastic rings instead of metallic rings.
- The rings are far too small to thread properly
- Does not feel too sturdy.
Best Babywearing Shirt for Dads- DadWare Bondaroo Skin to Skin Kangaroo Care Bonding tee Shirt for New New Dad
While we have a great list of baby wraps and slings, babywearing shirts are a great substitute for wraps. The dadware Bondaroo comes in long and short sleeves. Both are great, and the main difference is the sleeve length. An ordinary tee-shirt with a Velcro flap in front that can open and close, exposing the chest and allowing skin-to-skin bonding with the baby.
- The Tee-shirt is made of French terry, 82% polyester, 15% rayon, and 3% spandex to maintain its shape.
- Easy to wear shirts
- High neck and long sleeve shirt (comes in the short sleeve too)
- Kangaroo Function Use.
- It has a Front Big Pocket.
- Carrying your baby to the front
- Requires no wrapping
- Allows for bonding between father and baby.
- Easy to wear
- Some dads complained about the designs.
Best Babywearing shirt for Moms – Moby Bump & Beyond T-Shirt Wrap\
The t-shirt wrap is multifunctional, and it takes moms from pregnancy to motherhood. It is easy to slip on over the head. A soft and stretchy shirt, with an ergonomic design that improves posture and can carry babies up to 9kgs (19.8 lbs).
- Designed for Pregnancy and Motherhood stages
- It can carry babies up to 9kgs (19.8 lbs)
- Soft, stretchy, and comfortable T-shirt
- Easy to slip on
- Ergonomic design that gives back and belly support while pregnant
- It is Nursing-friendly
- It is made of 57% Cotton, 38% Polyester, 5% Spandex
- Plus-size available
- Offers hands-free convenience once baby arrives
- Machine washable fabric
- It is very comfortable
- Sturdy but soft fabric.
- Designed for Pregnancy and Motherhood.
- It can cause heat for the baby.
- It provides little back support.
How we Made Our Selection
We selected the best baby wraps and slings based on the comfortability, ease of use, functionality, price, features, materials, and reviews of the wraps and slings. We also looked out for baby wraps that meet the International Hip DYSPLASIA Institute requirements.
Factors to Consider When Looking for the Best Baby wraps and slings
When you are trying to select your preferred choice out of the different baby Wraps and slings we have, you should look for certain things to get the Wrap that will suit you and your baby’s needs perfectly.
You should consider this if you share the Wrap with someone else. While some baby wraps and slings can adjust to different sizes, some do not.
The comfort of your baby and yourself is very important. The seat of any baby wrap should allow your baby’s legs to be in the hip-healthy “M” position. For your own comfort, check the shoulder support, is it padded? Is there back support? Look out for broad, padded shoulder straps across your back and a wide waist strap. These will help distribute your baby’s weight evenly and remove some pressure from your shoulders.
Ease of use
Ensure you check for instructions either video, visual or written that will show you how to use it safely. These instructions should be easy to understand to make it easier for you.
Ensure the fabric is light and allows airflow to prevent your little one from sweating or feeling the heat. Some baby wraps and slings can cause babies to suffocate due to restriction of airflow.
Weight Limit: If your baby’s weight is more or less than the carrier’s, please do not use it for your baby.
In a Nutshell
Having a baby wrap or sling increases skin-to-skin interaction for dads and moms. It also helps to improve bonding between parents and their babies. Please do not use any baby wrap or sling that does not meet your baby’s needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which one is better? baby Wrap or sling
A Baby wrap is a carrier that is made from a long piece of fabric. It is knotted and tied around the body to form a pouch where the baby can sit. Baby wraps are suitable for newborns and babies, depending on the child’s weight.
They are both excellent and effective depending on the purpose. While slings work best for newborns in the cradle position, wraps grow with your child (up to about 35 pounds) since you have options for distributing the child’s weight so that you, the carrier, are most comfortable.
Which baby Wrap is best?
Based on our review, the Best overall Wrap is the Boba Wrap because of its features. However, you should select the Wrap that suits your needs and that of your baby.
Can newborns go in baby slings?
Yes, they are safe for newborns if you follow safety guidelines. A baby sling can pose a suffocation risk to an infant, particularly those younger than age 4 months so it is better to use a wrap.
Which baby Wrap is best for plus size
The Boppy ComfyFit Baby Carrier is a good option for plus size.
What age can you use baby slings?
Using baby slings should depend on the weight of your baby instead of age. Please do not use a wrap or sling below or more than your baby’s weight.
What is the best baby wrap or sling for my baby?
Having looked at the necessary features that baby wraps and slings should have, we have come up with the list above. You can make your selection from any of the picks based on their features and your needs.