The 14 Best Baby Walkers in 2022 – Features, Safety & Review
From learning to crawl, toddle, and eventually walk, baby walkers play a pivotal role in supporting the critical developmental stage of infancy.
You are probably searching for the best baby walker for your little one, or maybe you are looking for one that will replace the walker you already have. While recommendations from friends and families are great, an expert’s opinion and review will keep you rest assured.
Based on the study from a community of moms, a thorough safety evaluation of each baby walker from our team of experts, and other necessary factors like accessibility and affordability, we came up with the 14 best baby walkers in this article. This list will save you time and energy so just dive in!
Top Recommended Best Baby Walkers
Baby Baby Walkers
Buy on Amazon
Tiny Love, Here I Grow Mobile Activity Center
4 in 1 Baby Walker.
Little Tikes 3-In-1 Activity Walker
70+ activities, songs, and sounds.
VTech Sit-to-Stand Baby Walker
It has a removable play panel.
Bright Starts Walk-A-Bout Walker
Safari-themed walker for unisex.
InspiraSpark Little Balance Box
Made from Sustainable lightweight bamboo, BPA & PVC Free.
KidsEmbrace Batman Baby Activity Walker
The cover is Machine Washable
Jeep Classic Wrangler 3-in-1 Grow With Me Walker
It is recommended for babies Up to 25 pounds and Less than 30 inches tall.
Radio Flyer Classic Walker Wagon
Product Dimensions: 22 x 15 x 17 inches
Joovy Spoon Walker
It has a broad base and a supportive seat pad.
Award-Winning Hape Wonder Walker
Bright and colourful design.
Bright Starts Ford F-150
Age Range:6 months +
Baby Trend Trend Activity Walker
It has a removable toy bar that comes with toys
Disney Music and Lights Walker
It is collapsible, making storage easy and convenient for travel
Safety 1st Dino Sounds 'n Lights Discovery Baby Walker
It has five toys that can spin, crinkle, rattle, and also light up
1. Best Overall Baby Walker – Tiny Love, Here I Grow Mobile Activity Center
Getting the baby a push walker, a sit-in walker, and an exersaucer separately is not a good idea. You can get all these features in one piece of furniture if you purchase the Tiny Love baby walker. This walker will save money as your child can swivel, bounce, walk, and push.
This combo piece is perfect for parents with small spaces. For convenient storage, fold the entertainer and nestle it away when not in use. Additionally, you can adjust its height in three ways and customize the functions as your baby grows.
One of the things we love about Tiny Love’s walker is that it retains its exersaucer shape when pushing it, ensuring the baby will not lose balance and crash into furniture.
Last but not least, babies will find the adorable animal-themed toys and the bright prints, colours, and textures to their liking.
- 4 in 1 Baby Walker
- The seat pad is machine washable
- Suitable for babies ages 6 and above
- Product Dimension is 7.63 x 28.5 x 24.5 inches
- The Product Weight is 13.14 Pounds
- Age Range starts from 4 months to 3 years
- Features an activity center with toys to keep your child entertained
- It can be used in four ways- swivel, bounce, push, and walk.
- Removable and washable seat pad
- Easy to clean and assemble
- Compact for easy storage and travel
- It offers more than 20 activities to help your baby acquire cognition, language, senses, fine motor, gross motor, emotional intelligence, and creativity.
- This walker does not have brakes
- It might not walk so well on carpet
- It could be heavy and stiff to push for smaller babies.
2. Best Portable Baby Walker – Little Tikes 3-In-1 Activity Walker
Little Tikes 3-in-1 folds flat for easy transportation and storage, making it our best portable baby walker. It features a toucan ball spinner, a sliding monkey, animal sounds, a peek-a-boo lion, and a colourful, fun light projection on the floor.
Most parents report that this walker does not tip over or roll too far. Other people appreciate the option of locking the wheels for stationary play. It is one of the best baby walkers that is lightweight and portable.
- It has three fun modes.
- Projects Lights from the dome onto the floor, which inspires babies to walk toward them
- It has an activity board that slides up for Activity and has fun features
- The Walker folds down for floor time activity and is flat for easy storage!
- There are 70+ activities, songs, and sounds.
- Activities include: Flipping books Spinning drum with alphabet Glowing golden dome Piano keys Spinning ball Animal clickers Gear that turn Peek-a-boo slider So much more!
- Requires 3 “AA” alkaline batteries (included)
- Product Dimensions are 5.25 x 24 x 16 inches
- Product Weight is 8 pounds
- The recommended minimum age is nine months, and the maximum is three years.
3. Most Interactive Baby Walker – VTech Sit-to-Stand Baby Walker
It is among the most popular and best baby walkers on the market for its design, activity features, and multi-functions. It has an interactive interface with educational features that allows your child to learn while playing.
The baby walker plays music lights up, and provides lots of hands-on activities. An interesting part is that this walker is super inclusive age-wise. It is ideal for babies still learning to sit or work on tummy time as the front panel completely detaches.
It is also by far the best value for its price and will stay relevant to your child for a long time.
- It has a removable play panel
- Simple package – plain brown box
- It comes with five piano keys for music.
- The wheels can move on carpeted and hard floors
- Colourful spinning rollers
- Three shape sorters and three light-up buttons develop motor skills
- Cartoon telephone handset
- 2 AA batteries are included
- It includes Over 70 sing-along songs, music, sound effects, and fun phrases.
- Product Dimensions are 16.5 x 14.2 x 18.1 inches
- Product Weight is 5 pounds
- Age Ranges from 9 months to 3 years
4. Best Baby Walker for Tall Babies – Bright Starts Walk-A-Bout Walker
As your child practices walking skills while learning the sights and sounds of the jungle, they will enjoy the Bright Starts Walk-A-Bout Walker. With its removable safari theme activity bar, your child will enjoy engaging with the fun interactive toys and listening to upbeat melodies.
This walker is built to grow with your child instead of needing to be replaced after a short period. It has three adjustable height positions, which makes it the best option for tall babies.
In addition, it easily folds down with minimal effort, making it more portable and easier to store. If the baby makes a mess, it is easier to clean the seat cover since it is machine-washable.
- Safari-themed walker for unisex
- It has a Removable toy station
- It has three height positions to accommodate your little one
- Lights, music, and toys turn walking into an adventure
- Product Dimensions are 34 x 28 x 24 inches
- Product Weight is 11.02 Pounds
- Age Range – 6 to 12 months
- It requires 3 AA batteries
- Machine-washable seat pad
- The maximum weight recommendation is 26 pounds.
5. Best Baby Walker for Small Spaces – InspiraSpark Little Balance Box
Several reviewers mention that their Balance Box can also double as a small table, making it a great addition to a playroom. Moreover, suppose you have a small space with different types of flooring. In that case, this walker easily transitions between wood, carpet, and tile.
Additionally, the box’s feet move up and down, providing more sensory input to your baby. The product’s users say it exceeds baby walker function as it helps babies improve their balance. Many people appreciate that this walker does not move as fast as others.
- Made from Sustainable lightweight bamboo, BPA & PVC Free.
- It fits in small spaces
- Multifunctions as a toddler activity table.
- Product Dimension – 14 x 14 x 12 inches
- The material Type is Polycarbonate
- It does not require a battery
- Item Weight – 5.2 pounds
- Age Range: 12 months and up
6. Most Entertaining Baby Walker – KidsEmbrace Batman Baby Activity Walker
Your LO will have a blast learning to walk in this Batman-themed walker. The baby walker has four wheels, mirrors, and a steering wheel, so it looks like a batmobile. Kids enjoy the front activity center with lights, sounds, and vibrations. Moreover, it is completely removable, so the kids can take it anywhere they want to play with it.
You can take out the seat cover for easy cleaning, which is machine washable. Additionally, this walker has three height adjustments, so your child can grow with it. Furthermore, it collapses completely when not in use, saving space.
- The cover is Machine Washable
- Extra padded harness for security and comfort
- American Society of Testing Materials (ASTM F977-12) approved
- Features multiple interactive elements
- It has three height options to accommodate your growing baby
- accessible to collapse and transport
- Six grip pads
- High Back to support different heights
- Recommended Maximum Weight of 26 pounds
- Suitable for babies of ages six months to 18 months
- Product Dimensions: 28 x 25 x 21 inches
- The product Weight is 13.7 Pounds
7. Best Convertible Baby Walker – Jeep Classic Wrangler 3-in-1 Grow With Me Walker
The Jeep Classic Wrangler 3-in-1 Grow with Me Walker is your best baby walker if you do not care about splurging cash. The 3-in-1 walker converts into a push walker, then into a rolling toy car, meaning you can have it any way you want.
The Jeep classic Walker is also suitable for die-hard Jeep fans since it resembles an actual Wrangler. As your LO grows, you can adjust the height of this baby walker.
Furthermore, the steering wheel on the toy tray can turn right and left, making natural horn and engine sounds. Also, the turn signals light up. The tray is also removable for a convenient snack tray.
- It is recommended for babies Up to 25 pounds and Less than 30 inches tall.
- Adjustable seat height
- A 3-in-1 design that converts from baby walker mode into push-behind mode and a rolling toy car mode with toy storage
- It looks like the classic wrangler with its seven-slot grille, round headlamps, and flat fender flares.
- Has Toy tray features a steering wheel that turns left to right and makes natural horn and engine sounds, and turn signals light up.
- Underneath the toy tray is a roomy snack tray
- The seat pad easily wipes clean
- Package Dimensions: 29.2 x 25.1 x 12 inches
- Product Weighs 16 Pounds
- Age Range: 0 to 2 years
8. Best Investment Baby Walker – Radio Flyer Classic Walker Wagon
Among the best baby walkers, this walker is an excellent investment for moms and dads due to its several benefits.
To begin with, the panels come off to make it lighter. Secondly, the bumpers make the wagon easier to move around and more furniture-friendly.
Third, this wagon features resistance so your little one can maintain balance while pulling.
Last but not least, a classic wagon can carry a lot of weight for a long time. You can also store stuffed animals and other toys in the long basket.
- It has resistance clickers that prevent the walker from moving too fast for beginners to build confidence and balance.
- It is made with a furniture-friendly bumper that protects your home from scratches or wall damage while beginners learn to walk.
- A toy box for storing favourite toys with on walking adventures
- Product Dimensions: 22 x 15 x 17 inches
- Product Weight: 10.41 pounds
- Age Range is from 12 months to 4 years
- It is made of wood material.
9. Best Design Baby Walker – Joovy Spoon Walker
Besides the high chair, the Joovy Spoon walker also comes with a removable toy tray so the baby can eat and play. It features oversized wheels for easy movement on carpets and 360° front wheels for maneuverability and turning.
With three height settings, this walker can accommodate a child with a maximum height of 33.5 inches and a maximum weight of 30 pounds.
- It was made with 600D material combining luggage-grade toughness with a soft and padded high seatback.
- Machine washable seat pad
- It comes with a super-sized tray with a removable insert that can be wiped clean or put in the dishwasher for convenience.
- It has a broad base and a supportive seat pad.
- The product works with an inseam between 6.5 – 8.5 inches.
- Product Dimensions: 27.75 x 25.5 x 18 inches
- Product Weight: 12.3 Pounds
- Age Range: 6 to 12 months
10. Best Wooden Walker – Award-Winning Hape Wonder Walker
The Award-Winning Hape Wonder Walker Push and Pull Toddler Walking Toy is the best baby activity center that your babies can push and pull around the living room for all the excitement.
Suppose you are looking for one of the best baby walkers with wooden design and functionality. Your baby will have much with this baby walker as they become an expert walker.
With moveable knobs, gears, and brightly coloured balls, your child can choose five different activities with the activity center. The rubber-trimmed wheels will protect your hardwood floor from scratching and keep your baby from sliding too quickly across the floor.
- Bright and colourful design.
- The shell features three different shape-holes for toddlers to practice shape sorting on one side and an elastic-banded opening.
- Durable and sturdy wood toddler toy
- Long and convenient pull string
- Hape finishes are all non-toxic, child-safe, and of the highest quality
- Recommended for children of ages 12 months – 4 years
- Product Dimensions: 13.11 x 18.11 x 19.88 inches
- Product Weight is 2 ounces
11. Best 4-in-1 Baby Walker – Bright Starts Ford F-150
Three modes of use make the 3 Ways to Play WalkerTM – Ford F-150 ideal for babies at almost any developmental stage! The walker can be used in normal walker mode, or when the push-behind is in use, it can be used in push-behind mode. More than one child can also use the walker. Don’t you just love it!
- Age Range:6 months +
- Item Dimensions :28 x 25 x 20 inches
- It has three modes that allow the 3 Ways to Play Walker
- The colour is red
- It is built with rubber feet that brake
- It has a removable steering wheel play station with authentic truck sounds, lights, and a gear shifter.
- Three height positions
- The material used in making it is 50% plastic, 50% metal
- The weight is 0.67 ounces
- It is easy to clean
- It grows with a baby with the three-height position
- It has beautiful sounds and light that entertain the baby
- It is easy to assemble
- Height adjustment seemed difficult.
- It lacks those flashy toys and lights on it.
12. Best Baby Walker for Easy Movement – Baby Trend Trend Activity Walker
As your child prepares to take their first steps, the Baby Trend 2.0 Activity Walker is a great accessory to have on hand. In addition to providing superior stability and support, the multi-directional wheels allow your baby to move around confidently. It features a large surround tray that is perfect for snacking and playing. Additionally, this activity walker has a three-position height adjustment.
- It has a removable toy bar that comes with toys
- The baby walker features a large tray for food.
- Three-position height adjustment
- The seat is padded.
- It includes an extra broad base for stability.
- The minimum weight recommendation is 15 pounds, and the maximum weight recommendation is 25 Pounds.
- Item Weight is 6.61 pounds
- The Maximum height recommendation is 32 Inches
- Product Dimensions – 23.43 x 20.87 x 26.77 inches
- It is lightweight
- Detachable toy tray
- Easy to assemble
- It is not machine washable.
- The tabs loosen quickly.
13. Best Baby Walker for Girls – Disney Music and Lights Walker
Its colour and design make it the right choice for your baby girl. The baby walker looks beautiful with its oversized play tray that features Disney characters your child loves so well. Riding in this walker will make her feel on top of the world. It comes with music and lights that provide all the needed fun for your little one. You do not have to worry about the safety of your girl with its sturdy wheels that work well on floors and carpets.
- It is collapsible, making storage easy and convenient for travel
- Age range 0 to 48 months
- It has a three-position height adjustment
- It is machine washable.
- The item Dimensions are 25 x 28.5 x 22.5 inches
- The maximum weight recommendation is 30 Pounds
- It has a machine washable padded seat
- It has two swing-open activity trays with four fun princess-themed toys
- The walker has a 3-position height adjustment. It has an oversized snack/play tray
- It is collapsible for easy storage.
- The height can be adjusted.
- This walker is engaging due to the beautiful princess-themed toys.
- The seat is machine washable
- It is lovely for a female child
- The tray in front is plastic and works perfectly for putting snacks in for her to chill out and snack on.
- The seat seems comfy.
- This product is adorable, sturdy, and made of quality materials
- The assembly of the walker is relatively easy,
- It’s great for learning hand coordination
- The rear wheels do not swivel, which makes it hard for the baby to turn
- It is a little tricky to assemble
- the height adjustment and is slightly challenging to change/move
14. Best Baby Walkers With Multi-colors – Safety 1st Dino Sounds ‘n Lights Discovery Baby Walker
The Sounds n’ Lights Walker is the best baby walker with multiple colours. It has playtime or snack time features and gives your child a fantastic experience they will never forget.
You can activate your child’s senses with the toys on the activity tray as they discover things in her environment.
This baby walker was built with various toys and light effects to attract your baby’s attention. The tray on either side can be moved to make a bigger tray. It has height adjustments and a machine-washable seat. The walker is compact and foldable, making it easy to store when not in use.
- It has five toys that can spin, crinkle, rattle, and also light up
- Features two swing-open activity trays; a large snack/play tray area
- It has adjustable three height positions.
- It has a washable, padded seat.
- It has grip strips near the wheels that help reduce movement on rough surfaces.
- This baby walker is foldable
- Item Dimensions 24 x 28.1 x 22.5 inches
- The age range is 12 – 24 Months, 0 – 12 Months
- The walker includes beautiful songs (12 in total)
- It can be folded for storage and travel
- It has a padded seat that is machine washable
- It has beautiful toys that can help engage your baby
- It was built in such a way to protect your baby from any harm with the grip strips
- It grows with your child with the three-height position
- It is easy to clean
- It is easy to assemble
- The sitting area is a bit small.
- Some mothers complained about the height.
When Can Baby Use a Push Walker?
As your infant approaches his first birthday, they may begin standing or cruising the furniture. Babies may even start walking before their first birthday.
But what if your little one does not walk early enough?
You must understand that each baby reaches these milestones at its own pace. In the same way, you may not see the same behaviour in your subsequent children as your first one did at a certain age.
The age range for most push walkers is between 6 months and three years, with the average manufacturer recommendation for the youngest being 9 to 12 months. However, some experts advise you to rely more on your baby’s physical abilities. Therefore, you may need a push walker when your baby can balance themselves and pull themselves up to standing.
No matter the situation, your baby could benefit from practicing supported walking with a push walker.
What to Look Out For in a Baby Walker
If you’re shopping for walkers, you’ll find a variety of choices, just like we have the ten best baby walkers on our list. You should consider the following information before deciding on the best baby walker.
- Your Baby Mobility Level: A few walkers may be more appropriate for babies sitting up and pulling themselves up. Other walkers can cruise faster and are more suitable for independent walkers.
- Your Flooring: Depending on the material and weight of the walker you select, it may work better on carpets, hardwood floors, tiles, or if you have a combination of these surfaces in your home.
- Portability: Do you spend a lot of time on the go? You can take some walkers on vacation or to a sitter’s house as they fold flat. On the other hand, other types are bulkier and more suitable for the playroom. If you spend a lot of time travelling or moving, you should consider having a portable baby walker.
- Budget: Baby walkers can range in price from as low as $20 to over $100. While price should not come first, you can get a baby walker that will provide the basic features for your little one and still be budget-friendly.
- Style: For infants who can’t stand, sit-in walkers, are the best option. For older babies to practice standing with, push walkers are excellent. You’ll likely get more value for your money if you get a convertible walker with changeable height options.
- Comfort: Your baby’s comfort is essential. You should choose a baby walker with a thick padded seat cushion with high back support.
- Extras: While some walkers are relatively simple, others offer added safety features, such as rubber wheels and locking mechanisms. A few walkers have many lights and music, while others are much more muted and made of wood. It’s entirely up to personal preference.
- Hand-me-down: Perhaps if it’s just a few years old, you should purchase a new push walker since older models could be recalled or have other safety problems, such as weak or broken parts.
How We Reviewed The Best Baby Walkers
We understand how vital this phase is to you and your child, and we want the best for your baby. There are certain things we looked into before making our list of the best baby walkers of 2022. We will be highlighting some of the things our team of experts looked into as a factor before choosing our best baby walker.
- Comfort: We ensured that every baby walker on our list was tested based on the comfort they would provide for your little one.
- Safety: Though Modern baby walkers are made from plastic materials and not all plastics are safe, we made sure that our list of best baby walkers is without plastic materials that contain harmful chemicals for your baby.
- Adjustability: Baby walkers must be adjustable for all babies, so we searched for baby walkers with the best adjustable features to make it easy for you and your little one.
- Storage: Baby walkers sometimes get in the way, especially when you have a small space. A folded baby walker can be stored under the bed or inside the closet. When selecting the best baby walkers, we tested the folding mechanism to be sure they are suitable for long-term use.
What Are Some Safety Tips In Using A Baby Walker?
Below, I have listed some necessary safety steps you should consider to keep your little one safe while using a baby walker.
- Consider Flooring: Consider the floor your child will be sitting, standing, or walking on. Ensure the floor is smooth. Loose rugs can tangle up in the wheels and bunch up underneath. It is also a good idea to keep your flooring the same. In transitioning from carpet to hardwood floors, your little ones might suddenly go faster than they can handle, potentially injuring themselves.
- Gate Your Stairs Top: As a general rule, having a baby gate at the top of your stairs is a good idea if you have a baby or toddler. It is even more crucial if your children are pushing baby walkers. When your baby is playing with the walker, the last thing you want is for him to fall a flight of stairs.
- Look for Pinch Points: Check the baby walker for pinch points. You don’t want your child to get their fingers pinched in one of the notches. You may want to invest in pinch guards.
- Protect Sharp Corners: When shopping for finger pinch guards, also consider corner guards. The reason is that babies gain significant speed when they push around their walkers. If and when they run into corners, corner guards will help protect them.
In a Nutshell
It is usual for you to be eager to monitor your baby as they grow and reach milestones. Suddenly, your baby may start pulling up on things like a couch or a chair. You have our selection of the best baby walkers, and it depends on you to choose which one will meet your baby’s needs.
Best Baby Walkers FAQs
What are some safety tips for using a baby walker?
You should ensure that your child is with you or supervised for maximum safety. Also, you can examine the toys to ensure they are safe and appealing.
What is the safest baby walker?
Safety is one of the things we looked out for in making the list of best baby walkers. Looking for a safe one will depend on your baby’s weight and the specification.
At what age can a baby use a push walker?
You don’t need to wait for a certain age to get your baby a push walker. You can tell your child is ready for a push walker when pulling up on furniture or using you.
What are some alternatives to sit-in baby walkers?
Push walkers, stationary exersaucer, and baby jumpers are great alternatives.
What are the benefits of using a walker?
Walkers offer many benefits. The suggested activities include focusing on your child’s walking ability, keeping the child occupied but stimulated to allow you to do household chores, or giving your child extra entertainment.
What is the best baby walker for 6 month old?
The KidsEmbrace Batman Baby Activity Walker is a good option for six months.
Does the size of my baby matter when choosing a walker?
However, many top baby or push walkers have adjustable height settings for babies of all sizes.
Which month should a baby start using a walker?
Baby walkers are designed for babies between 4 – 16 months of age.
Is it safe to use a baby walker outside?
No. The ground may be flat, and they may be near soft grass, but the danger of wheeling into a pool or out onto the street is genuine.