10 Best Baby Walker for 2022
Baby walker products have been around for decades and have been a favourite among parents and kids for decades.
For those not familiar with these ingenious devices, they’re like gaily-painted strollers that let infants go from crawling on the ground to toddling around on two feet. But without any of the risks of actually walking on their own (should you wish to run some errands while they’re at it).
From learning to crawl, toddle, and eventually walk, baby walkers play a pivotal role in supporting the critical developmental stage of infancy.
This review will give you an insight into the 10 best baby walker models on the market, all of which our team of experts have thoroughly evaluated.
First, we’ll discuss what you should be looking for when it comes to buying these walkers.
Next, we’ll review some top picks from our list and a few budget-friendly options, including safety tips while using a baby walker.
So, use this parent’s guide to choose the best baby walker for your family.
Top Picks Best Baby Walker for 2022
Best overall baby walker: Tiny Love 4-in-1 Here I Grow Mobile Activity Center
Best portable baby walker: Little Tikes 3-In-1 Activity Walker
Most budget-friendly baby walker: VTech Sit-to-Stand Baby Walker
Best baby walker for tall babies: Bright Starts Walk-A-Bout Baby Walker
Best baby walker for small spaces: InspiraSpark Little Balance Box
Most entertaining baby walker: KidsEmbrace Batman Baby Activity Walker
Best convertible baby walker: Jeep Classic Wrangler 3-in-1 Grow With Me Walker
Best investment baby walker: Radio Flyer Classic Walker Wagon
Most sleek design baby walker: Joovy Spoon Walker
Best wooden walker: Award-Winning Hape Wonder Walker
Best Overall Baby Walker
Tiny Love Here I Grow Mobile Activity Center
Getting the baby a push walker, a sit-in walker, and an exersaucer separately is not a good idea. You can get all these features in one piece of furniture if you purchase the Tiny Love baby walker. This walker will save you money as your child can swivel, bounce, walk, and push it.
This combo piece is perfect for parents with small spaces. For convenient storage, fold up the entertainer and nestle it away when not in use. Additionally, you can adjust its height in three ways and customize the functions as your baby grows.
One of the best things about Tiny Love’s walker is that it retains its exersaucer shape when the baby is pushing it, ensuring the baby will not lose balance and crash into furniture.
Last but not least, babies will find the adorable animal-themed toys and the bright prints, colours, and textures to their liking.
- Features an activity center with toys to keep your child entertained
- It can be used in four ways- swivel, bounce, push, walk.
- Removable and washable seat pad
- Easy to clean and assemble
- Compact for easy storage and travel
- Offers more than 20 different activities to help your baby acquire cognition, language, senses, fine motor skills, gross motor skills, emotional intelligence, and creativity.
- This walker does not have brakes
- It might not walk so well on carpet
- It could be heavy and stiff to push for smaller babies.
- You might want to apply caution when removing your baby from
- the baby walker.
- Product Dimensions: 7.63 x 28.5 x 24.5 inches
- Product Weight: 13.14 Pounds
- Age Range: 4 months to 3 years
Best Portable Baby Walker
Little Tikes 3-In-1 Activity Walker
Little Tikes 3-in-1 folds flat for easy transportation and storage, making it an excellent choice for travelling or visiting Grandma.
It features a toucan ball spinner, a sliding monkey, animal sounds, a peek-a-boo lion, and a colourful, fun light projection on the floor.
Most parents report that this walker does not tip over or roll too far. Other people appreciate the option of locking the wheels for stationary play.
So you can fold this walker folds down to an activity panel and activity table.
- Your child will enjoy three-in-one functions – walker, activity table, sit & play.
- Features more than seventy activities, sounds, and songs
- It includes 3 “AA” alkaline batteries
- Folds flat for floor play and easy storage
- Features a wheel lock
- It doesn’t have brakes
- Wheels may come off quickly
- Slower on carpet than tiles and hardwood
- Difficult to disassemble
- Product Dimensions: 5.25 x 24 x 16 inches
- Product Weight: 8 pounds
- Age Range: 9 months to 3 years
Most Budget-Friendly Baby Walker
VTech Sit-to-Stand Baby Walker
It is among the best and most popular baby walkers on the market for its design, activity features and multi-functions. And yes, I almost forgot to mention that you can get all these fantastic features for less than $40. Super affordable, right?
Its colourful design and farm theme make it so appealing. In addition, it has educational features that let your child learn while they play. The baby walker plays music lights up, and provides lots of hands-on activities.
An interesting part is that this walker is super inclusive age-wise. It is ideal for babies still learning to sit or work on tummy time as the front panel completely detaches.
It is by far the best value for its price and will stay relevant to your child for a very long time.
- Perfect for babies that sit up themselves and are still learning to stand
- Moves smoothly on carpet
- Interactive learning center
- Motor skills development
- Adjustable height
- Suitable for babies up to 36 months
- Music may be too loud
- Product Dimensions: 16.5 x 14.2 x 18.1 inches
- Product Weight: 5 pounds
- Age Range: 9 months to 3 years
Best Baby Walker for Tall Babies
Bright Starts Roaming Safari Walk-A-Bout Walker
As your child practices walking skills while learning the sights and sounds of the jungle, they will enjoy the Bright Starts Walk-A-Bout Walker.
With its removable safari theme activity bar, your child will enjoy engaging with the fun interactive toys and listening to upbeat melodies.
This walker is built to grow with your child instead of needing to be replaced after a short period. It has three adjustable height positions.
In addition, it easily folds down with minimal effort, making it more portable and easier to store.
In the event that baby makes a mess, it is much easier to clean the seat cover since it is machine-washable.
- Features three adjustable height settings
- It features removable toys, plays music, light and electronic toys
- It is packed with nine activities to entertain your baby
- Machine-washable seat pad
- Walker folds up to save space
- Easy to assemble
- It does not suit tall babies
- Not easy to move on carpet
- Product Dimensions: 34 x 28 x 24 inches
- Product Weight: 11.02 Pounds
- Age Range: 6 to 12 months
- Batteries: 3 AA batteries required
Best Baby Walker for Small Spaces
InspiraSpark Little Balance Box
What makes this pick the best pick for small spaces?
Several reviewers mention that their Balance Box can also double as a small table, making it a great addition to a playroom.
Moreover, if you have a small space with different types of flooring, this walker easily transitions between wood, carpet, and tile.
Additionally, the box’s feet move up and down, providing more sensory input to your baby.
The product’s users say it exceeds baby walker function as it helps babies improve their balance. Many people appreciate that this walker does not move as fast as some others.
- Made of sustainable bamboo and not plastic.
- Colour variations
- Allows for unrestricted movement of the entire body for optimal development
- Suitable for carpet, tile, and wood floors
- Allows safe movement from kneeling to standing
- Dual function as a toddler/activity table
- Easy to clean and maintain
- The feet do not feature stoppers, breaks or weights that keep them in place.
- Height is not adjustable.
- During the transition from standing to sitting, babies may need additional hands-on assistance to use the Little Balance Box.
- Package Dimensions :14.06 x 12.64 x 3.9 inches
- Product Weight: 5.2 Pounds
- Age Range: 12 months and up
Most Entertaining Baby Walker
KidsEmbrace Batman Baby Activity Walker
Your LO will have a blast learning to walk in this Batman-themed walker. The baby walker has four wheels, mirrors, and a steering wheel, so it looks like a batmobile.
Kids will enjoy the front activity center with lights, sounds, and vibrations. Moreover, it is completely removable so that the kids can take it anywhere they want to play with it.
You can take out the seat cover for easy cleaning, and it is machine washable.
Additionally, this walker has three height adjustments, so your child can grow with it. Furthermore, it collapses completely when not in use, so it saves space.
- Comfortable and secure harness with extra padding
- It has multiple interactive elements
- Three adjustable height options
- Six grip pads
- High back to support different heights
- Features machine washable cover
- Easy to collapse and transport
- This walker may not work effectively on the carpet for walking but moves smoothly on hardwood and tiles.
- Product Dimensions: 28 x 25 x 21 inches
- Product Weight: 13.7 Pounds
- Age Range: 6 to 18 months
Best Convertible Baby Walker
Jeep Classic Wrangler 3-in-1 Grow With Me Walker
If money is not your problem, the Jeep Classic Wrangler 3-in-1 Grow with Me Walker is the best baby walker for you. The Jeep classic Walker is also suitable for die-hard Jeep fans since it resembles an actual Wrangler.
As your LO grows, you can adjust the height of this baby walker.
In addition to being a baby walker, the 3-in-1 walker also converts into a push walker, then into a rolling toy car.
Furthermore, the steering wheel on the toy tray can turn right and left, and it makes real horn and engine sounds. Also, the turn signals light up. The tray is also removable for a convenient snack tray.
- The 3-in-one design converts from a baby walker into a push walker, then a rolling toy car with storage.
- Adjustable heights that grow with your baby
- Easy to clean
- As stylish as a Jeep Wrangler
- Features removable toy tray that converts to a convenient snack tray
- You will need to buy batteries.
- Package Dimensions: 29.2 x 25.1 x 12 inches
- Product Weight: 16 Pounds
- Age Range: 0 to 2 years
Best Investment Baby Walker
Radio Flyer Classic Walker Wagon
Did you pull a little red wagon full of toys and stolen snacks when you were a kid? Maybe not, but your child can. Create childhood memories with this mini wagon designed to help children learn to walk.
Having all the weight at the front, your child will be able to move forward efficiently.
There are several benefits to the wagon.
To begin with, the panels come off to make it lighter. Secondly, the bumpers make the wagon easier to move around and more furniture-friendly.
Third, this wagon features resistance so that your little one can maintain balance while pulling.
Last but not least, a classic wagon can carry a lot of weight for a long time. You can also store stuffed animals and other toys in the long basket.
- Wooden body
- Sturdy handle and base
- Built-in storage for toys
- Larger body
- Removable sides
- Furniture bumper in the front
- Resist push body for support
- Push walker doubles as a toy box
- It is not suitable for smaller babies or those younger than one year.
- Product Dimensions: 22 x 15 x 17 inches
- Product Weight: 10.41 pounds
- Age Range: 12 months to 4 years
- Material: Wood
Best Sleek Design Baby Walker
Joovy Spoon Walker
Joovy Spoon Walker is one of the sleekest and simplest baby walkers on the market.
Besides the high chair, the Joovy Spoon walker also comes with a removable toy tray so the baby can eat and play.
It features oversized wheels for easy movement on carpets and 360° front wheels for maneuverability and turning.
With three height settings, this walker can accommodate a child with a maximum height of 33.5 inches and a maximum weight of 30 pounds.
It has a broad base for maximum stability.
- Easy to clean and store
- Extra-large tray with removable insert
- The insert is dishwasher safe
- Non-slip stair pads
- Oversized wheels
- Adjustable height
- Phthalate, PVC, and BPA-free
- Modern and stylish design
- Baby walker height might be short
- Product Dimensions: 27.75 x 25.5 x 18 inches
- Product Weight: 12.3 Pounds
- Age Range: 6 to 12 months
Best Wooden Walker
Award-Winning Hape Wonder Walker
The Award-Winning Hape Wonder Walker Push and Pull Toddler Walking Toy is the best baby activity center that your babies can both push and pull around the living room for all the excitement.
Your baby will have so much with this baby walker as they become an expert walker.
With moveable knobs, gears, and brightly coloured balls, your child has the option of five different activities with the activity center.
The rubber-trimmed wheels will protect your hardwood floor from scratching as well as keep your baby from sliding too quickly across the floor.
- Sturdy and durable
- There are five various activities to do with the movable knobs, gears, and balls.
- Non-toxic finishes
- Child safe materials
- Enhances coordination and fine motor skills
- Rubberized wheels protect floors and ensure long-lasting wheels
- Easy to clean and assemble
- Colourful design
- The wheels may squeak while in motion
- Product Dimensions: 13.11 x 18.11 x 19.88 inches
- Product Weight 2 ounces
- Age Range: 12 months to 3 years
When Can Baby Use a Push Walker?
As your infant approaches his first birthday, they may begin standing or cruising the furniture. Babies may even begin walking before their first birthday.
But what if you LO don’t walk early enough?
You must understand that each baby reaches these milestones at its own pace. In the same way, you may not see the same behaviour in your subsequent children as your first one did at a certain age.
The age range for most push walkers is between 6 months and three years, with the average manufacturer recommendation for the youngest being 9 to 12 months.
However, some experts advise you to rely more on your baby’s physical abilities. Therefore, you may need a push walker when your baby can balance on their own and pull themselves up to standing.
No matter what the situation, your baby could benefit from practicing supported walking with a push walker.
What to Look Out For in a Baby Walker
If you’re shopping for walkers (or anything baby-related, for that matter), you’ll find a variety of choices. You should consider the following information before making your decision about the best baby walker.
Your Baby Mobility Level
A few walkers may be more appropriate for babies who are sitting up and pulling themselves up. Other walkers can cruise faster and are more suitable for independent walkers.
Depending on the material and weight of the walker that you select, it may work better on carpets, hardwood floors, tiles, or if you have a combination of these surfaces in your home.
Do you spend a lot of time on the go? You can take some walkers with you on vacation or to a sitter’s house as they fold flat. On the other hand, other types are bulkier and more suitable for the playroom.
Baby walkers can range in price from as low as $20 to over $100.
While some walkers are relatively simple, others offer added safety features, such as rubber wheels and locking mechanisms.
A few walkers have many lights and music, while others are much more muted and made of wood. It’s entirely up to personal preference.
Perhaps if it’s just a few years old. Otherwise, you should purchase a new push walker since older models could be recalled or have other safety problems, such as weak or broken parts.
Baby Walker Safety Tips for Keeping Your Baby Safe
Below I have listed some necessary safety steps you should consider to keep your little one safe while they’re using a baby walker of any type.
Think about the floor your child will be sitting, standing or walking on. Ensure the floor is smooth.
Loose rugs can tangle up in the wheels and bunch up underneath. It is also a good idea to keep your flooring the same.
In transitioning from carpet to hardwood floors, your little ones might suddenly go faster than they can handle, potentially injuring themselves.
Gate Your Stairs Top
As a general rule, it’s a good idea to have a baby gate at the top of your stairs if you have a baby or toddler.
It is even more crucial if your children are pushing baby walkers. When your baby is playing with the walker, the last thing you want is for him to fall a flight of stairs.
Read more: 15 Best Baby Gates for Stairs and Doorways
Look for Pinch Points
Check the baby walker for pinch points. You don’t want your child to get their fingers pinched in one of the crevices. You may want to invest in pinch guards.
Protect Sharp Corners
When shopping for finger pinch guards, also consider corner guards. The reason is that babies gain significant speed when they push around their walkers. If and when they run into corners, corner guards will help protect them.
Baby Walker Summary
When your child is young, you’re eager to watch them grow and reach milestones. Suddenly, your baby may start pulling up on things like a couch or a chair. Congratulations! You may be on the verge of seeing your baby move.
When you’re in the market for a product or some toys that will foster your child’s motor skills and help them take those first steps, consider a baby walker. But, make sure you purchase the right type of walker.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on the Best Baby Walker for 2022
What are some safety tips for using a baby walker?
You should ensure that your child is with you or supervised at all times for maximum safety. Also, you can examine the toys to ensure that they are safe and appealing.
Will a baby walker help my baby walk?
You shouldn’t allow your baby to walk with a traditional sit-in baby walker. Despite this, push walkers could help your child develop balance to begin walking.
Furthermore, push walkers to let babies see their legs and feet, enhancing their natural ability to walk.
At what age can a baby use a push walker?
You don’t need to wait for a certain age to get your baby a push walker. Watch out for milestones.
You can tell your child is ready for a push walker when they are pulling up on furniture or pulling themselves up using you. Nevertheless, if you have concerns, you should always contact the child’s pediatrician.
What are some alternatives to sit-in baby walkers?
The list of dangers of sit-in baby walkers is long and includes burns, falling downstairs or into swimming pools, pulling dangerous items onto themselves, etc. In Canada, these strollers are entirely banned.
However, don’t worry. You can find great alternatives to sit-in baby walkers. Besides push walkers, stationary exersaucer and baby jumpers are also available. Alternatively, you can also just let them learn by themselves with floor time and natural walking.
What are the benefits of using a walker?
Walkers offer many benefits. The suggested activities include focusing on your child’s walking ability, keeping the child occupied but stimulated to allow you to do household chores, or giving your child extra entertainment.
Does the size of my baby matter when choosing a walker?
Yes, however, many top baby or push walkers have adjustable height settings making them applicable to babies of all sizes.
You can also check other similar reviews for your little one below:
- 10 Best Scooter for Kids of All Ages (Review)
- 12 Best Baby Push Car for Kids in 2022 (Review)
- 11 Best Plastic Kiddie Pool for Children in 2022
- 8 Best Front-Facing Car Seat Picks for Every Budget
- Baby Life Jacket: 8 Best Infant Life Jacket Safety Gears