7 Best Mini Cribs of 2022
Baby Mini Crib is very important for parents and babies. A recommendation from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is that babies sleep in their parent’s room but in their own sleeping space. A baby mini crib is a good option for you if you do not have much space in your room.
Our Top 7 Baby Mini Cribs
What is a Baby Crib?
A baby crib is a bed that is specifically designed for babies and infants. It usually looks like a bed that is for older kids and adults, with the addition of a slatted railing on all four sides for keeping the baby in place.
There are so many baby things that take up space. This is interesting because babies are tiny when they are born. But when you look at the crib, dresser, changing table, and some other things that will be in the nursery, the room is filled up. Having a mini crib could also be a good solution if you have multiple babies and you need to fit various cribs in the nursery.
What are the Benefits of a Mini Crib?
Mini cribs are smaller versions of full-size cribs and are perfect for rooms with small spaces. Experts have recommended that parents share a room with their baby for the first six months to 1 year but not the same bed. A mini crib helps to have more space in the room.
Being able to move them around is a plus for mini cribs. They are very portable, and some models come with wheels or can be folded into a bag. This makes them perfect for traveling.
A baby mini crib is budget-friendly compared to a standard crib. They cost less and still perform the same function.
Easy to Assemble
The small size of \baby mini cribs makes them easy to assemble.
Safety Requirements of a Baby Mini Crib
To keep your baby safe in a mini crib, here are some safety tips to consider to avoid any issue whatsoever.
- The sidebars of a crib should not be more than 2-3/8″ apart to prevent your baby from slipping out or getting stuck.
- The height of the corner should not exceed 1/16th of an inch. Anything taller can catch your child’s clothing and can make them fall.
- Avoid having toys, stuffed animals, pillows, or blankets inside the crib with your child.
- Vacuum the underside of the crib regularly to remove dust.
- Ensure that the crib is not close to the windows, curtains, cords, or anything that your little one can pull down. You may hang your baby’s mobiles, which is fine as long as they’re kept out of reach.
- Ensure the Mattresses of the crib are a snug fit, and they should extend to every corner of the crib’s frame. I
Best Overall Mini Crib-DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 Convertible Crib With Toddler Rail
The Kalani Mini Crib is elegant, durable, and reliable. The Kalani 4-in-1 Crib has a beautiful design. It has four mattress levels with adjustable heights, allowing it to grow with your child. The Kalani Mini Crib is a convertible wood mini crib; it can conveniently become a beautiful twin-size bed.
- Greenguard Gold Certified mini crib
- It has four adjustable mattress positions
- You can easily convert it to a mini toddler bed, daybed, and twin-size bed
- The crib is made of solid sustainable New Zealand pine wood and TSCA compliant engineered wood
- Product Dimensions is 40 x 38 x 38 inches
- Item Weight 38 pounds
- The maximum weight recommendation is 50 Pounds
- The minimum weight recommendation is 5 Pounds
- It is sturdy.
- The mini crib is convertible.
- It grows with your baby.
- Adjustable mattress height
- Green Gold certified
- The pine is very soft.
- it came with some little defects
- Toddler safety guardrail and full-size conversion kit are sold separately.
Best Mini Crib with Mattress: Delta Children Emery Mini Convertible
This charming mini crib is durable, stable, and stylish. It is also convertible from a multi-positional crib to a toddler bed, daybed, and full-size bed. This crib transits from infancy to adulthood. It features a slightly curved headboard and airy slats. Your child’s safety is also nothing to worry about because it is JPMA certified.
- The crib includes a daybed rail.
- It easily converts from a baby’s crib to a toddler’s bed, daybed, and full-size bed with a headboard.
- The crib has a three-position mattress height adjustment that allows you to lower the mattress as your baby begins to sit or stand.
- It is made of strong and sturdy wood.
- The crib is JPMA certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by the CPSC & ASTM.
- Crib’s size is 58.5 x 33.25 x 6.75 Inches.
- The minimum weight recommendation is 7.9 pounds.
- The maximum weight recommendation is 50 Pounds
- It weighs 59.1 pounds.
- Simple and easy to assemble
- It is sturdy
- it has a beautiful color.
- The wood chips are not strong enough
- Some moms complain of the smell
- Toddler Guardrail and Full-Size Metal Bed frames are sold separately.
Price: $197.48 – Buy it on Amazon
Best Compact Mini Crib- Dream On Me, Edgewood 4-in-1 Convertible Mini Crib
This is another convertible mini crib made of pinewood that is the ideal piece of nursery furniture needed for you to match the changing needs of your growing child.
Starting as a mini crib, it can be converted into a mini daybed and twin-size bed as your child’s needs change. It occupies a small space and is a perfect choice for small nurseries, especially if you are co-sharing your room with your baby. It comes with seven pleasant finishes and mixes. It can easily match with other pieces of furniture, rugs, different patterns, and textures to create a modern nursery.
- This mini crib is a convertible and suits your baby’s growing needs.
- The crib is built of solid pinewood with a slim and modern design.
- It has a small footprint and is ideal for co-sharing and small nurseries.
- It comes with seven pleasant finishes and combines them with varying patterns and textures.
- The crib has a 3-position adjustable mattress height setting and comes with a regulatory 1″ mattress pad.
- It is Greenguard Gold certified and JPMA certified
- Product dimensions are 39 L x 28W x 37H inches.
- The maximum weight limit is 50 lbs.
- It has a lovely color
- It is easy to assemble safety features.
- The material is excellent
- Mattress is thin
- There is so much chipped paint all over it.
Price: $140.24 – Buy it on Amazon
Best Mini Crib With Storage- Dream On Me Jayden 4-in-1 Mini Convertible Crib
The Dream On Me Jayden Convertible 4-in-1 Mini Crib has a detachable three-drawer changing table for keeping your baby essentials handy. It has a compact size and is very good for smaller spaces.
The changing table has a changing pad and restraining strap with an easy release buckle to secure your baby safely. It comes in six unique finishes, which allow it to blend perfectly with any nursery theme.
It also includes a convenient 3-position, adjustable mattress support system.
- It has a minimalist design built of New Zealand pine wood with gentle, smooth arches & sturdy spade feet.
- The crib has convertibility options with a 4-in-1 mini convertible crib
- It has a changing table equipped with changing pad and restraining strap with an easy-to-release buckle.
- Three roomy drawers
- The crib is available in 6 beautiful finishes allowing you to mix and match with any nursery theme.
- Features a 1″ OEM mattress pad.
- Green gold certified crib
- The maximum weight limit is 50 lbs.
- It includes all tools/assembly instructions included.
- Product Dimensions 56.75 x 29 x 41 inches
- Cute and simple design
- Good customer support
- Sturdy crib.
- Convertibility option
- It has a changing table with a changing pad.
- it’s not easy to set up where they don’t mark every piece or what screws to use.
- Drawers are super flimsy, and not meant for an outgrowth.
Price: $268.99 – Buy it on Amazon
Most Portable Mini Crib- Babyletto Origami Mini Crib Folding with Wheels in White, 2 Adjustable Mattress Positions, Greenguard Gold Certified
This white mini crib is portable, and that is why we love it. It has two adjustable mattresses, you can fold it, and it is easy to move around because of its wheels. Life is just easier with this portable mini crib.
- It has a foldable frame with removable, locking caster wheels for easy storage and transport.
- The crib is usable for a growing babe from newborn to beyond 18 months. It is safe to use until 35″ tall or starting to climb.
- It has a greenguard gold certification.
- The height of the mattress has two adjustable positions
- It is made with sustainable solid New Zealand pine wood
- The mattress support is TSCA compliant.
- Product Dimension is 39.2 x 25.7 x 36 inches
- Despite being collapsible, it feels sturdy and solid
- It is Versatile
- Portable and compact crib
- It has an adjustable mattress
- A mini folding crib that comes with wheels and can be folded.
- It is not easy to assemble.
Price: $299.00 – Buy it on Amazon
Most Adjustable Mini Crib for Newborns: Stokke Sleepi Crib
Stokke Sleepi Mini is the ideal bed for your baby, or toddler till they are ten years of age using the junior extension kit. It has a unique oval shape that creates a comfortable nest-like space for your little one. It is easy to move around with its lockable swivel wheels, which makes it easy to move from room to room. The mattress base can be adjusted for easy lifting of your infant in and out. It also has the best mini crib mattress.
- Stokke Sleepi is an oval-shaped crib suitable for babies 0-36 months or kids up to 10 years with the Junior Extension Kit.
- It features a height-adjustable mattress.
- The crib includes lockable swivel wheels that make it easy to move, while rods & a perforated mattress bottom offer maximum air circulation.
- It is made from durable beech wood
- The Product Dimension is 32 x 23 x 15 inches
- It is adjustable and stylish
- Easy to install
- it comes with Seven years warranty
- It does not include beds
- Requires a junior extension kit for older children.
- It is pricey
Most Easy To Assemble mini Crib – MiClassic All mesh 2in1 Stationary& Rock Bassinet
Everyone loves the easy way; spending time trying to assemble your baby’s mini crib can be tiring. MiClassic is a tool-free assembly mini crib. It folds and unfolds easily, which makes it very portable. This mini crib is ideal for parents who love traveling and do not want stress.
- The bassinet folds and unfolds in a second.
- It has a Stationary Mode for when the baby is sleeping and Rocking Mode to soothe the baby.
- The baby is surrounded by breathable walls.
- It does not require tools for assembly.
- It is lightweight and has Removable Legs.
- Product Dimensions 37.4 x 23.8 x 11.02 inches
- The bassinet (color: Crystal) is perfect
- It has all mesh sides.
- It is sturdy and easy to assemble.
- It folds and unfolds easily.
- The height is not very good.
Finding fitted sheets may be tiring.
Price: $79.99 – Buy it on Amazon
How to Select the Best Mini Crib
Size of the crib
Ensure that the crib is not too big or too small for your baby to avoid any issues. Check the weight and height limit for each product to be sure if it is suitable for your baby.
While Some mini cribs come with a matching mattress, we have some that sell the mattress separately. If the manufacturer does not sell, then you may have to purchase from another retailer. It is important that the mini crib mattresses fits the crib perfectly. Be sure that it is also easily accessible.
The core reason for a mini crib is space; a mini crib that will not fit into your space is not worth buying. You should check if the crib can meet your space needs.
Your mini crib should have adjustability options for the height as your baby learns to stand and sit.
The mini-crib should be portable if you plan on moving it from one place to another. It will also help if you want to travel. Mini cribs that are easily foldable are great for traveling because it is easier to store.
Some mini cribs do not require any tool for assembling, while some do. You do not want to spend so much time trying to assemble the mini crib. Mini cribs that are easy to assemble are stress-free, and they also make storage fast.
Mini Cribs are great for parents to have, our top 7 picks are based on reviews, the quality of the cribs, and the features they have. You can select any one that suits your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What age is a mini crib good for?
A mini crib is suitable for babies under two years of age however we have some mini cribs that can be converted to fit different ages. Ensure that the weight of your baby is below the maximum weight recommendation of the manufacturer.
What is the difference between a mini crib and a standard crib?
A mini crib is smaller than a standard crib. The regular dimensions of a mini crib are 38″ by 24″ which makes them shorter and narrower than standard cribs.
Is mini crib safe?
Yes it is, you can check our safety guidelines and follow them to ensure your baby is very safe.